The Institute assists in the publication of books, monographs and anthologies on the history of the Jewish National Fund and/or the history and geography of modern Jewish settlement in Eretz Israel, including a wide range of both local research topics (land acquisition, the development of the settlement map, education, culture, etc.) and Diaspora Zionist activity.
A recent example in this connection is Prof. Yossi Katz's book (published in Hebrew and English) on Jewish National Fund’s pre-state land activity, The Battle for the Land, KKL-JNF Before the Establishment of the State of Israel (The Hebrew University Magnes Press, Jerusalem 2001).
Books published in this framework since the Institute's founding are:
- Ran Aaronsohn, Rothschild and Early Jewish Colonization in Palestine (The Magnes Press, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 2000);
- Yoram Bar-Gal, (published in Hebrew and English version in preperation), An Agent of Zionist Propaganda, The Jewish National Fund 1924-1947 (Haifa University Press, 1999);
- Yossi Ben-Artzi, Early Jewish Settlement Patterns in Palestine, 1882-1914 (The Magnes Press, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 1997);
- Ruth Kark and Michal Oren-Nordheim, Jerusalem and its Environs, Quarters, Neighborhoods, Villages, 1800-1948 (The Magnes Press, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 2001);
- Yossi Katz, Between Jerusalem and Hebron, Jewish Settlement in the Pre-State Period (Bar-Ilan University Press, Ramat Gan 1998);
- Yossi Katz, The Religious Kibbutz Movement in the Land of Israel (The Magnes Press, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 1997);
- Zwi Shilony, Ideology and Settlement, The Jewish National Fund, 1897-1914 (The Magnes Press, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 1998).
On the possibility of obtaining publishing assistance, interested parties should apply directly to the Research Institute for the History of KKL-JNF: firstname.lastname@example.org